Sunday, December 12, 2010

Larry Arnn and Imprimis

Larry P. Arnn, Ph.D., the current president of famous Hillsdale College in Michigan, is the author of the most recent edition of Imprimis, the Hillsdale college freebie (1.9 million readers get it in their postal mail boxes, gratis, every month). He has written a partly excellent argument for returning the govt. of the U.S. to its Constitutional basis. I say partly excellent because part of it (seems to me) horribly false and misleading. I may write the Hon. Dr. Arnn a letter, and if I do I may post it here, but meanwhile you might want to read the article, "Outline of a Platform for Constitutional Government" here. It's worth the trouble.

Imprimis was, I do believe, invented and made into a winner by Lew Rockwell, whose own website, lewrockwell,com  I wrote pieces for a couple of years back. Lew, a Libertarian in the Murray Rothbard mold, went on to become the founder of the von Mises Inst. in Auburn, Alabama. Arnn came to Hillsdale after the somewhat scandalous departure of a much lauded president who had got himself into a honey trap of a kind I won't and couldn't now detail, but it all ended with a much revamped Hillsdale with Arnn as the new leader.

That's  it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment