Sunday, April 17, 2011

Old Friends Are The Best

I read the sentiment expressed in my headline above somewhere a long time ago and have never forgotten it, even thought I don't much act as if it were important to keep in touch with Old Friends. I am actually living these days more or less as a hermit, that is, very much alone with my wife in an encircling world of some impressive craziness, with which I don't seem to have much connection. I am not unhappy with this, which I guess proves the herrnit point. I don't have to be a hermit. I could very easily step up my contacts and be all over the place with social activities. But I don't do it. Make few phone calls and put off over and over again the ones I should make. In other words, self-chosen hermeticism.

Today I intend to communicate with two Old Friends. Let's see if I do it. Will try to report tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment