Friday, April 15, 2011

An Early Morning Blog

I'm writing this at 10:30 am on a Friday morning, when I am usually deep into news on the internet and unlikely to write anything for hours. But I have a great need to get some writing done on a book that is seven years overdue at the publisher's, who says he is still waiting for it (mirabile dictu!), so I am wondering how to get myself started on a new morning regimen of writing no matter what, à la the great writers of yesteryear, like Trollope, for example, who no matter what, on foot or horseback doing his rounds as a postal guy, got his 3,000 words a day done or made up for it the next, hell or high water.

Them were the guys. I am apparently not one of them. But I still need to get that writing done. Could attempting this blog in the am, when I am usually numb of brain and mute of ideas, work? Maybe I'll try. Anyway this is the effort for today. So far not a useful idea in the whole kaboodle.

Had lunch yesterday with a friend (much younger) who thinks the budget rattle in DC is just that, a rattle, a kick-the-can-down-the-road bit of political theater. So do I. I am much more conspiratorial than he is, however, and I insist O is just a mouthpiece for the bankers, starting with the rich Jews in Chicago, who picked him as a winner early on and put him over on the country. Now we shall have to pay for that. How? What do the "rich Jews from Chicago" want? It would be nice to know. I shall think about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment